Over a decade ago, responding to an emerging crew of splitboarders who were coming to the backcountry straight from the park, we made a true-twin splitboard - the Orb.
Two years ago, inspired by Tyler Temarantz’s and James “Chickenbone” Wilson’s countless hours in the streets and park, Tanner Crow pitched an idea for an all-around resort board; something built to whip endless hot laps and jump lines; a board that could still stand the test of a street spot or a backcountry kicker but not be left in the truck on powder days. Chimera then linked-up with SLC’s own Daily Dose crew to ride, thrash, refine and re-design until we had it where we wanted. The Orb2000 was born, and stands as Chimera’s first and only factory-built snowboard, and not a splitboard.
A traditional true-twin shape with a slightly directional flex pattern and pop profile makes the Orb2000 at home in the street or park, or on the groomers. For those who like to ride their twin on pow days, the Orb2000 also features our ‘backseat driver’ hole pattern; extra inserts that allow bindings to be adjusted for over 2” extra nose length for huge float in soft snow.
Topsheet artwork by Tanner Crow
Base graphics by Willy Nevins
• ‘Backseat Driver‘ Hole Pattern - Additional inserts for more than 2" additional nose length on powder days.
• Poured PU sidewalls; forgiving and damp
• Aspen-poplar core for pop and longevityresponsiveness and edge hold
• Bamboo reinforcement around binding inserts for longevity and strength
• Triaxial glass for increased responsiveness and edge hold
• Non-stick topsheet to minimize ice / snow carry
• 3-year warranty on workmanship and materials
|Running length [mm]||1112||1150|
|Waist width [mm]||252||259|
|Nose length [mm]||212||217|
|Tail length [mm]||204||211|
|Nose width [mm]||292||302|
|Tail width [mm]||292||302|
|Stance setback [mm]||0||0|